Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Oh so thankful..

In the spirit of thanksgiving and procrastination, I thought it was about time to write an updated post! Each day this month I have been writing down something I am thankful for, and it has been a really positive reflection. In the midst of stress and just getting caught up with life, it's awesome to pause at the end of the day and think about blessings in my life. So these things are in no particular order, it was just what I was particularly thankful for that day.

I am thankful...
1. for my awesome roommate Kaitlyn who is such an encouraging and fun person! Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration roomie.
2. to have a roof over my head, more specifically a roof in a way too nice, cozy apartment.
3. for my amazing CMDA friends! They have been such a support throughout med school, and I am so blessed to have them in my life! Can't wait to see where they will all go. 
4. for the opportunity to learn and pursue the career of my dreams. I'm thankful for wonderful patients and preceptors who make my education possible.
5. for a God who loves me and is willing to use me despite my weaknesses, insecurities, and humanness.
6. that God has given me a calling for medicine and made me passionate and able to pursue it.
7. for the fluffiest pet ever. Finley is such a ham and makes me a proud pet mom.
8. for a cozy bed and the ability to get at least 6+ hours of sleep/ night right now.
9. for the holiday season that reminds me of the importance of joy, giving, love, and peace. May God remind me that He is my celebration this season.
10. for my church who has such a heart for the lost and hurting. May my heart beat to the same tune.
11. for fitness and the ability to do things I love- volleyball, snowboarding, dance.
12. for my parents who have shown me unconditional love and support.
13. for modern medicine: enzymes, vaccines, surgeries, ingenuity. And especially the medical progress that has been made at the University of Minnesota in the world of islet transplantation-- THANK YOU!
14. for coffee, hot tea, and cocoa-- beverages that warm my soul on cold mornings.
16. for sleep. And sleeping in. And waking up to a cat who wants to snuggle. 
17. that I am free. I am so grateful to those who have served our country for the sake of freedom. 
18. for the ability to meet and make new pancreatectomy friends.
19. for hardship. It's really out of hardship that I mature and build trust in God.
20. for advisers and mentors who have just the right words and help speak wisdom into my life. I am especially thankful for Dr. Ted Thompson. I am blessed to have known him . 
21. for my undergrad, Evangel, and the amazing people I met there. My experience there shaped who I am today. Some of my best friends and the best times of my life came out of my time there.
22. that I can eat whatever I want without pain and that I have access to quality food. 
23. for my wardrobe and for people like my sister who help me in in the fashion department.
24. for grace and for Christ's sacrifice on the cross. It doesn't matter who we are or what we've done; He still loves us and offers us grace to accept Him. 
25. for my sister and the ability to stay close despite the miles separating us.
26. for spontaneous trips to Punch Pizza. Thanks Tracy Blad for calling to distract me right now!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1


No comments:

Post a Comment