Friday, July 29, 2011

I trust that I am in good hands.

I am ready. Last night, I had a dream that I woke up and the surgery was over. I was so relieved. Then after my dream started becoming more and more unrealistic and weird, my brain told me that I was dreaming and I woke up bummed that I still have three more days to wait. All of this anticipation is tough! I feel like the days are going slower and slower. But... I have one more day that I can eat (tomorrow!) and then one day of prep and rest before the big day. So I plan to take advantage of them and make the most of this weekend.

I had two full days of pre-op testing and appointments at the U of MN this week. It was slightly overwhelming but very beneficial and reassuring at the same time. My surgeon and the entire team are absolutely fantastic, and I trust that I am in good hands. I had my questions answered (besides a couple things that haven't been studied yet, my research project post-surgery?) and got flooded with information. But now I fully know what to expect. And my parents know what to expect. I keep thinking about my poor parents having to wait 12+ hours in the surgery waiting room on Monday. Their support has been incredible.

Speaking of support, I want to thank all of you for your love, support, and prayers so far!!! All of the texts, calls, cards, and messages mean the world. I'll probably be pretty out of it for awhile after surgery (they say the first few days are the roughest), but then hopefully after that, I'll be more responsive. I am going to be honest with myself and others about how I'm feeling during recovery and if I'm open to visitors. At this point, I really can't anticipate how I will be feeling. So thank you for understanding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment